Rules of Golf
HILLCREST COUNTRY CLUB GOLF RULES
The rules of golf and golf etiquette are intended to enhance your golf game and increase your golfing pleasure. It will be the intent of all members to keep the course in good playing condition. Every player and partner/guest should be aware of their personal responsibilities to the course, the members and the game of golf.
- All members and guests must register and pay associated green fees. This enables the club personnel to contact you in case of an emergency.
- Each player must have his or her set of clubs.
- Shirts are required on the course at all times
- Soft spikes are required for all golfers.
- Non-members are eligible to play three times a year. A member must be with them. (This rule is waived for tournaments and special events).
- When the clubhouse is open, no food or drink can be brought on the premises without prior approval from the club manager.
- No more than foursomes are allowed without special permission from the club manager.
- Junior members do not have guest golfing privileges.
- Golfers must obtain permission from the club manager to start on any hole other than #1.
- AGE RULES Children under the age of 12 must have supervision to be on the golf course. Children under the age of 16 that wish to drive their own cart, must have a signed waiver on file from their parents allowing this. Children under the age of 14 will not be allowed to play prior to noon on Saturday or Sunday unless accompanied by an adult. No person under the age of 18 may rent a cart from the club.
USE OF GOLF CARTS ON THE COURSE
- Keep golf cars at least 25 feet from the apron of the green. Park cars to the side or rear of the green. Do not pull cars onto the green or tee areas.
- Use the 90-degree rule to cross fairways.
- Each golf car must have no more than 2 occupants and carry no more than 2 bags.
- During dry weather, plan to use only one car per 2 golfers.
- Pay attention and obey all signage on the golf course.
- Groups on #1 tee must alternate with groups starting their second round on #10 tee. No golfers are allowed to start their first round on # 10 without allowing all groups off #1 tee first.
- Replace any divots on the fairway. Use the sand supplied on #1 and # 6 tees to fill the divots. Avoid taking divots with a practice swing.
- Do not drop or throw the flagstick on the green.
- Enter all sand traps from the lowest point. Smooth all footprints and marks as you leave using the rake provided. Replace the rake outside the trap.
- Repair any ball marks on the green. Repair the mark by using a divot repair tool. Insert the divot tool at the highest point of the divot, pull the top of the tool towards the middle of the divot. Continue the same action all around the divot and tap down with the putter.
- Never instruct on the golf course unless on the practice area.
- Don’t delay more than 5 minutes when looking for a ball. Invite the following players to play through at once if there is a delay.
- Etiquette and good sportsmanship require that you do not distract a player making a stroke. Always stand out of range when a player is addressing the ball or making a stroke. Never stand directly behind the player’s ball, the player or directly behind the hole.
- Never allow an open hole between you and the group ahead of you when the course is busy. Pick up the pace and try to play 9 holes in a two-hour maximum.
- Allow faster player s to play through.
ENJOY THE GAME!
Hillcrest Country Club Discipline Policy
The Board Members of Hillcrest Country Club has received/witnessed multiple rules infractions established by our club and its members. Therefore, we are implementing a policy to discipline those individuals or groups to make sure our rules and guidelines are followed for the benefit of the overall membership at Hillcrest Country Club.
- Strike #1 - Written Warning #1. The individual/group will be notified of any rule infraction/s. A list of rule infractions will be put into the board minutes for review. Written notice placed in individual’s file. No suspension given to offender.
- Strike 2 - Written Warning #2. Two written warnings within a consecutive 30 day period will result in a 2 week suspension of membership from Hillcrest Country Club. A list of rule infractions will be put into the board minutes for review. Written notice/discipline action will be detailed and placed in individuals file.
- Strike #3 - Third notice within a 60 day period will result in a one month suspension from Hillcrest Country Club. A list of rule infractions will be put into the board minutes for review. Written notice/discipline action will be detailed and placed in individuals file.
- Strike #4 - A Fourth rule infraction within a membership season will result in a dismissal from Hillcrest Country Club, upon board review. A list of rule infractions will be put into the board minutes. Written notice/discipline action will be detailed and placed in individuals file.
*Individuals are welcome to attend board meetings to discuss their actions that led to the written notices/suspension/dismissal.